As you may know, the future of the pool project is in doubt because the School Governors have decided to withdraw their support. We are meeting with representatives of the Governors on 22nd March to discuss their concerns and to attempt to reverse their decision.
So far, with your support, Copmanthorpe Sink or Swim has raised over £6,000, and you have pledged over £1,450, towards a current estimated cost of £500K. We realise this is a large sum to raise, and we hope that much of it will come from grants once the funders are open to applications www.dccivilrightsattorney.com from non-COVID-related projects. We are also investigating ways of reducing costs by, for example, seeking in-kind donations for building materials.
We need to demonstrate the strength of local support. So, we are collecting Pledges for future donations to the pool. Pledges will only be collected if the Project does continue, at which time we’ll be in touch to check the amount and explain how to make your donation. This isn’t likely to happen until after all the COVID-19 restrictions have ended. If you are considering making a contribution to the pool, please do it now before it is too late.
The Copmanthorpe community came together to get the pool built. We need to do so again to stop it from being lost. Thank you.